Zig’s Place Chatroom News Saturday AM 7-24-21
Zig: Welcome to zig’s place, a chat room for dinar speculators and others….discuss any topic that you wish here
Butterfly Washington announces the results of the new round of strategic dialogue with Iraq
Saturday 24 July 2021 | 12:44 PM Washington announces the results of the new round of strategic dialogue with IraqOn Saturday, the US State Department said that the meeting of the Higher Coordination Committee between the Republic of Iraq and the United States in Washington confirmed the expansion of US support for Iraq .
In a statement, the ministry touched on a number of themes in my agencies :
Public health and epidemic :
- The United States will donate to Iraq 500,000 doses of the Pfizer-Biontech vaccine through the Kovacs Initiative .
- The US Department of State provides Iraq with 800,000 US dollars to enhance safety measures in order to prevent the misuse of biological samples and medical equipment .
- The United States continues to support efforts to prevent COVID-19 through community awareness, vaccine acceptance, sustainability of primary health care services, and provision of mental health and psychosocial support .
- The US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention trains public health workers to mitigate health risks associated with large gatherings, improve infection prevention and control, and strengthen management and coordination in responding to public health emergencies .
Humanitarian Affairs :
butterfly The United States announced $155 million in additional humanitarian assistance to provide shelter, health care, food, water, and hygiene services throughout Iraq. This funding also helps displaced Iraqis obtain civil documentation and legal services, improves the capacity of health care facilities, and increases access to education and employment opportunities .
Clean energy and climate change :
The United States intends to provide technical assistance in the field of renewable energy and climate adaptation .
The United States commended Iraq for its current work in providing a revised “Nationally Determined Contribution” under the Paris Agreement of the United Nations Framework Convention on Climate Change .
The United States intends to cooperate with Iraq to enhance climate management capacity to mitigate its effects, reduce gas flaring, develop renewable and clean energy initiatives, promote water conservation, and support the protection of Iraq’s native flora and fauna .
The United States encouraged Iraq to participate in the “Agri-Climate Innovation Mission” initiative .
- Scientists and academics Americans and Iraqis intend to exchange views on climate adaptation and mitigation .
butterfly Economic Cooperation :
- The United States and Iraq discussed ways of enhancing bio – energy projects with US companies and facilitate trade in the US agricultural products .
- The United States is ready to help Iraq on the implementation of the “white paper” for economic reform, through assistance from the US Agency for International Development and a possible new program from the Ministry of Foreign Affairs focuses on financial transparency .
The American International Development Finance Corporation continues to participate with Iraq on the Memorandum of Understanding and intends to invest up to one billion dollars to enhance private sector activity that creates jobs and provides opportunities for Iraqis .
The American International Development Finance Corporation intends to hold a virtual meeting with American and Iraqi companies this year to help facilitate investment projects .
butterfly Human Rights and Elections :
- The two delegations discussed how the United States can support the Iraqi government in the best way to protect protesters, activists, women in public life, and journalists, and pursue judicial accountability for violent crimes against these groups .
- The United States recently provided $9.7 million to the United Nations Assistance Mission for Iraq (UNAMI) for election-related technical assistance. The United States has reviewed plans to provide up to an additional $5.2 million for the UNAMI Election Observation Team pending engagement with Congress
- The two countries agreed that the presence of a UNAMI monitoring team and an EU observer team represents a sincere effort by the international community to support the Iraqi people’s demands for free and fair elections in October .
- The United States reaffirmed its continued determination to support Iraq in helping the communities targeted by ISIS recover, and to work towards the rehabilitation and peaceful social reintegration of Iraqis with perceived or actual family ties to ISIS—particularly women and children .
- The United States commended the Government of Iraq for passing the Yazidi Survivors Law, and the two delegations agreed on the need to implement it and support the new Directorate of Survivors’ Affairs in the Ministry of Labor and Social Affairs, to facilitate the provision of services and compensation to Yazidi survivors of ISIS. The Government of Iraq has committed to passing a Supreme Court law to advance justice for ISIS survivors
.Higher education, science and culture :
butterfly The United States provided $ 17.5 million in aid since 2017 to support higher education institutions , non – governmental and non-profit organizations in Iraq .
- The United States and Iraq and the Smithsonian Institution decided to expand the project to save Nimrud and extended .
- The United States provides assistance to antiquities preservation projects in Babylon, Mosul, Erbil, and other sites at risk .
- Will launch the United States a new virtual museum initiative in cooperation with the State Board of Antiquities and Heritage as ” the treasures of Mesopotamia”, which will conduct the Iraqi cultural heritage rich to millions over the Internet .
The United States will allocate $1.2 million to the Liberated Universities Initiative, which restores Iraqi universities in Nineveh after they were destroyed by ISIS .
The United States and Iraq reaffirmed their commitment to producing strong “work-ready” Iraqi college graduates and professionals through enhanced teaching methods, expanded educational opportunities, and scholarships through the Higher Education Partnership, the Fulbright Program, the Iraqi Young Leaders Exchange Program, and the English Language Small Grants Program. aynaliraqnews.com
butterfly America announces more financial aid to Iraq
Saturday 24 July 2021 | 09:10 am America announces more financial aid to IraqUS Secretary of State Anthony J. Blinken, the United States is providing approximately $155 million in additional humanitarian assistance to the people of Iraq, Iraqi refugees in the region, and the generous communities that host them .
The minister said in a statement that, with this additional funding from the State Department and the US Agency for International Development, US humanitarian support for Iraq amounts to more than $200 million so far in fiscal year 2021. Since fiscal year 2014, the United States has provided more than $3 billion in aid Humanity for Iraq and the Iraqis in the region .
He also noted that this funding provides critical shelter, basic health care, emergency food assistance, protection services such as response to gender-based violence, and WASH services across Iraq .
Blinken added that US-funded programs will support Iraqis displaced by ISIS, many of whom are still facing difficulties due to the COVID-19 pandemic, by enhancing access to civil documentation and legal services, improving the capacity of health care facilities, and increasing access to education and livelihood opportunities .
The US Secretary of State continued by saying that the United States remains the largest single donor of humanitarian aid in Iraq and globally. We appreciate all donors who have come forward and continue to encourage existing and new donors to increase their support to help meet needs. aynaliraqnews.com
butterfly Atheel Al-Nujaifi: The political process has entered “clinical death”
2021-07-24 04:16 Atheel Al-Nujaifi – The political process has entered clinical deathShafaq News/ The leader of the Iraqi Salvation and Development Front, Atheel al-Nujaifi, commented today, Saturday, on the withdrawal and boycott of the Iraqi Communist Party for the early parliamentary elections, after the withdrawal and boycott of the leader of the Sadrist movement Muqtada al-Sadr, days ago.
Al-Nujaifi told Shafaq News Agency, “The political process in Iraq has entered a state of clinical death. In the past, the political class used to discuss crises and try to find solutions to them, although it could not solve any crisis, but at least there were discussions and political movement interacting with all crises.” “.
And he indicated that “today the political class is no longer able to discuss the existing crises, and therefore solutions and talk will not be a political talk, but rather take another field, such as demonstrations, or it may reach conflict and armed confrontation. And this political situation in Iraq is going through a very dangerous stage and it is going through a clinical death.” shafaq.com
butterfly Dollar exchange rates are stable in local markets
2021-07-24 | 04:03 Dollar exchange rates are stable in local marketsAlsumaria news
Today, Saturday, local markets recorded stability in the dollar exchange rates for the third consecutive day.
The selling price of the dollar reached 148,500 dinars per 100 dollars, while the purchase prices settled at 148,000 dinars per 100 dollars.
The Central Bank of Iraq decided earlier to adjust the exchange rate of the dollar against the Iraqi dinar, as the purchase price of the dollar from the Ministry of Finance amounted to 1450 dinars, while the price of selling it to banks was set at (1460) dinars per dollar, while the selling price to the citizen is 1470 dinars per dollar. alsumaria.tv
butterfly The Cabinet approved a contract with France’s Total to implement four major projects
Saturday 24 July 2021 ……….Cabinet spokesman Hassan Nazim announced that the Council of Ministers approved, in its session held today, Saturday, the Ministry of Oil’s contract with the French company Total to implement four major projects represented in the collection and refining of 600 bottles, and the development of the Artawi oil field.
Butterfly A Strategy for Iraq: Guidelines for the Biden Administration……24th July 2021…….By Bilal Wahab, Joey Hood, Jane Arraf, for the Washington Institute for Near East Policy. Any opinions expressed are those of the author(s), and do not necessarily reflect the views of Iraq Business News.
A senior State Department official, a Baghdad bureau chief, and an Iraqi scholar explore the opportunities and increasingly desperate dangers facing U.S. policy toward the country.
Click here to read the full article. https://www.washingtoninstitute.org/policy-analysis/strategy-iraq-guidelines-biden-administration
butterfly Power On: A Neighborhood Transformed……….24th July 2021 ……..From UNDP:
How restoring electricity has transformed the lives of residents in Mosul.
Click here to read the full article. https://www.iq.undp.org/content/iraq/en/home/stories/2021-stories/07/power_on.html
butterfly 2021-07-24 07:48 Shafaq News/ Basra’s light crude closed on the top of OPEC crudes yesterday, Friday, while pocketing $75.37 a barrel, 1.01% above the previous session’s price.
The price of a Basra heavy crude barrel rose to $66.78 a barrel, up by 1.58%.
The prices of both crudes imported to the Asian market inched up driven by the rising prices of other global crudes, as Brent and West Texas crudes registered $74.10 an $72.07 a barrel, respectively.
The Saudi Arab light crude closed at $74.33 a barrel, while Iran’s heavy settled $69.23 a barrel. UAE’s Murban Mixture and the Algerian Saharan blend registered $73.19 and $73.36 a barrel, respectively. A barrel of Bonny light (Nigeria) registered $72.80, $0.08 below Angola’s Girassol.
butterfly 2021-07-24 03:17 Shafaq News/ Lebanon’s caretaker Minister of Energy, Raymond Ghajar, singed on Saturday a contract with the Iraqi Government, Represented by Minister of Oil Ali Allawi, to import one million tons of oil from Iraq, according to the Lebanese National News Agency (NNA).
NNA said that the Lebanese governmental delegation will be heading back to Beirut shortly after the conclusion of the contract.
Last June, the Iraqi Cabinet approved supplementing Lebanon with additional 500 thousand tons of crude oil this year.
butterfly 2021-07-24 02:57 Shafaq News/ Only second to Russia, Iraq is among the top gas flaring countries in the entire world, the World Bank’s (WB) Gas flaring tracker report said.
In the 2020 Gas flaring tracker report, the WB said that Iraq burns 70% of the total natural gas produced in the country, which was nearly 17.37 billion cubic feet last year.
Iraq has huge natural gas reserves that are mainly a byproduct of the process of fossil oil extraction. However, with the lack of appropriate infrastructure to store and refine this product, huge amounts are being flared daily in the country.